Are you on a weight loss program? Want to get back to your slimmest self as quickly as possible? Good, but like most of us, you too might be having a number of doubts in your mind. And one of them would be the amount of water you should be ideally drinking.
If that is what it is, then this post is the right one for you. Read on to know more about the entire deal!
Water, constituting around 66 percent of the total body weight, is also one of the greatest aids in getting rid of excess weight.
Wondering how many liters of water to drink in a day for weight loss? There are various must-follow-rules when it comes to water consumption, and the latest scare is about the over-consumption of water. It is believed that drinking too much water can cause an imbalance in the salt content of the body. The potassium levels also get disturbed. Collectively, this leads to vomiting, fatigue, nausea, and headache.
So, what is the ideal amount of water to drink in order to lose weight? Continue reading!
How Much Water To Drink In A Day For Weight Loss?
It’s always best to follow the 8×8 rule. According to this rule, 8 glasses of 8 ounces water are what should be consumed by an individual. This amounts to 2 liters of water. But researchers say we need 4 liters of water per day.
This is when other factors like your body type, your fitness levels, your diet and sleep patterns come into the picture.
Since you are on a weightless journey, it’s safe to assume that you are doing your workouts as well. So, make sure that you hydrate well before and after your workout. Dehydration after workouts leads to headaches and dizziness. If possible, you can also drink water in between your workout.
Also, remember that it is not just water, but the juices, coffee and tea that you take that also add up to the total water consumption. In fact, even fruits and vegetables like cucumbers, tomatoes, peaches, watermelons, oranges etc., contain water. So, consider them too to measure your water intake.
Here is a way to find out how much water to drink each day for weight loss mission:
1. Take your weight into consideration – the general rule is the heavier you are, the more the amount of water you need to drink. Obviously, people’s water needs differ from that of one another.
2. Convert your weight into pounds. Roughly, 1 kg = 2.20 pounds.
3. Multiply your weight in pounds by 2/3. So if you weigh 200 pounds, then multiply 200 by 2/3. That gives you an approximate figure of 133. You should be drinking around 133 ounces of water every day.
4. Now is when we take into consideration the amount of exercise you do. If you workout for thirty minutes a day, then you should drink an extra 12 ounces of water.
Keep in mind that these calculations are done based on a very large and generalized sampling of people.
The main rules to keep in mind will be:
1. Drink water even when you are not thirsty. Feeling thirsty means your organ systems have sent a signal to the brain, and that means you are already a little dehydrated. So, drink water consciously all through the day. You can make use of mobile apps that remind you to drink water every hour.
2. If you workout, you need extra water. Just make sure never to gulp water right after working out. Just sip water and let it wet your mouth.
3. If plain water bores you, use lemon, mint or even citrus fruits for flavoring.
Were you aware of how much water to drink in a day for weight loss before? Follow these tips and ensure you are drinking the right amount of water every day! How did you find the article? Share your feedback with us in the comments section!